ACNL: Bathroom Archives


I found a few old pictures of my past bathrooms in my towns, Kenka, Tinytree, and Borei! Bathrooms are definitely my favourite room to design, especially small cozy ones. In all my towns I try to include a bathroom in every house if possible, because it feels weird that a human resident doesn't have their own place to poop. I changed Tinytree's bathroom quite often so I have a few different versions for mayor Jules' house. Here are some photos of bathrooms I've made over the years.


Kenka: Mayor Jules 



I posted this in a previous post remembering my first town Kenka. I wasn't that great at interior design back then, so a lot of my rooms were quite random and all over the place. Still, I thought it would be nice to include some of these interior disasters as well! I also found another picture in my archives of a later version where I upgraded the room size, seen below. I don't think I've ever upgraded beyond the first bathroom size for my mayor's houses in my towns that followed.





Here's an updated version of that bathroom! Haha, this is probably the most luxurious "personal" bathroom I've made. There's a standing shower, tub, and jacuzzi all in one room! This was also before the Welcome Amiibo update so the sink options were quite limited.

Tinytree: Mayor Jules



Mayor Jules had a few bathroom redesigns over the years. After I found the perfect "composition" of furniture I liked in the initial 4x4 room, I generally kept the same formula and changed the furniture pieces or refurbished them to match a newer colour scheme/version. Here's one of my favourites that I found! The most recent version I saw when I rebooted my town recently was a woodsy/asian/earthy look to match the rest of the interior of my house. The tile is a custom pattern that I made that I used often as a general "tile" in my house. Although I did use it a few times in cloth as well.





Close up of the room! The bathtub is refurbished to marble and the bowl sink is refurbished to grey.



Here's another version of the same composition but different refurbished styles, items, flooring, and wallpaper. 


This one is a more recent composition that I was using in Tinytree. I replaced the bamboo bench with a washing machine! I changed it to the one below on my most recent log in:







This is the final version that is currently in my town. I went back to using a recoloured version of the pattern that I made to give it a more personalised touch and switched to the bamboo wall. Kind of a mix of all the bathrooms above!













Here's a bonus picture of an even older Tinytree bathroom, probably when the Welcome Amiibo update first came out! I own all the WA cards now, but when it first came out I had to mainly rely on Harvey's campground or do trades, which is probably why I used the Retro sink for so long before actually changing it to more fitting sinks. It seems I have always liked having my toilet on the left side :-)





Tinytree: Mei





A zoomed out view of the basement bathroom in Mei's bed and breakfast house! Mei's house has a very kitschy and eclectic theme going on, so a mermaid/underwater themed bathroom thankfully worked with a house like that! I don't think I could make a themed bathroom for my mayor's house because it's more like a "normal house" rather than a themed building.






Close up of the room!

Borei: Mayor Malis


Here's the current bathroom in the most recent town I've been working on! Since I had designed bathrooms in the past, this room was pretty much set and decided on from the beginning, so there hasn't been many changes or updated versions aside from me testing out different wallpaper and flooring. This bathroom is probably the closest bathroom to my own in real life!

Borei: Sann


Here's Sann's bathroom/spa. The only thing this one is missing is an actual toilet. But I'm gonna include it in here anyways!