Saying Goodbye to Beau and Opal!

Tropical Makeover Part 3: Moving in June, Scoot, and Dizzy (relocated)

I decided to say goodbye to two long time villagers, Beau and Opal, to move in June and Scoot! I was also able to finally relocate Dizzy to a better location. Both Beau and Opal have been villagers in Tinytree for almost 4 years, so it was definitely sad to see them go. Dizzy was the most recent move in using an amiibo card (still, 3 years ago haha), and also one of the most problematic plot locations which was one of the reasons I wanted to do some villager reorganising!


Saying Goodbye to Beau & Opal


If I remember correctly, Beau was the second to move into Tinytree via campsite. First it was Tangy, then it was Beau who plot his house next to Tangy's! I ultimately chose Beau to be one of the villagers to leave town because I wanted to build a new bridge where his house was, and he was also one of three lazies I had in town. I don't think I connected with Beau as much as I did with my other villagers, maybe it was because there were so many lazies in my town already? He'll still be greatly missed! Thankfully, I was able to find another loving home to adopt him :-)


Thank you Mayor Kelly of Stokey! 


Here's a letter I sent to Beau a few days before he left. I usually send my villagers letters before they leave incase someone adopts them or they get picked up from my void and moves into someone's town, haha :'-D I want their new mayor to know my villagers were loved! Although, I have a feeling Beau will share my earlier more embarrassing letters I might have sent him in the past...

Ok, I think I forgot to take pictures of me saying goodbye to Opal at her house, as well as the good bye letter I sent her (it was very similar to Beau's) but at least I got to hang out with her lots before she left! Sadly, I didn't have time to find someone to adopt Opal (or Dizzy) so there are two adorable elephants floating around somewhere in the void.





My last hang out with Opal! Opal lived across the bridge on the other side of town, but she would still come all the way to my side to hang out! I would like to think she knew she was leaving... even though Dizzy kicked her out secretly, haha :'-D Here she brought me a Durian as a present!





Welcome June, the Normal Bear cub!


After Beau moved out, I blocked off the area in front of his house and built a bridge straight away! IKI came over to help me fund the bridge because I was super broke from demolishing all my PWPs. Thanks, sugar mama! So... the plan was for the bridge to connect my path from the other side and have it perfectly align with the ramp to the beach... but when I put the tiles down I realised that it's off one square!!! I had a moment of instant regret about letting Beau go, but I'll make this work... his move out wont be in vain!



I decided to dress up in the same clothes as June when I went to welcome her to town :-D Her look was one of the reasons I chose her to move in to town because her hibiscus hairpin fit Tinytree's new tropical theme so well!







Here's June's house location! Her house is located behind the town hall and next to the police station. The road to the left leads to the windmill plaza and then up to Re-Tail, while another road behind her goes to the cafe. June, along with Stinky and Chief, live right in the middle of "town" while the rest of the villagers are spread out on the right side of the map!

Before
For comparison, here's what June's house area looked like before the tropical makeover during my autumn sunset theme (this picture is in the summer). Like I mentioned in the previous post, I had a really hard time redoing this area because the hot springs behind town hall was my favourite part of Tinytree. I thought I would have trouble adjusting to the new look, but I'm actually very happy with the tropical version! Although the older version had a lot of very beautiful and scenic locations, I still felt like it didn't work as a coherent theme with the rest of my villagers exteriors, like Stinky's. I've also moved this hot springs area and replicated the look for the landscaping around my mayor's house, so it's like my own personal hot spring now! I'm still working on that area so I will post about it later.


Here's another picture of June's area with the pond. Borei has taken Tinytree's place for a foresty-moody looking town, so I'm really enjoying the contrast of vibrant and happy colours!




June getting familiar with the new town! I love how well her house exterior matches with Tinytree's colours, especially the roof colour! The brown exterior also goes well with the police station nearby.







Next to June's house is a little lawn area I made for her with her own personal flower garden and heart stump. I got lucky with the stump for this one! Directly behind June is the pathway that leads to the cafe. You can also see a corner of the police station in front of her house.






My first meeting with June after she moved in! Now that June's in town we also have a local Pharmacy :'-D I'm going to try to keep her house as pure as possible. My first impression of her was that she was trying to write a poem about a wristwatch.


Here's June over for a quick visit!

Moving in Scoot and relocating Dizzy!


Planning
Scoot is the villager the replaced Dizzy with a forced amiibo card move out, and then I quickly moved Dizzy back in with his card to replace Opal. Let's just pretend that Dizzy never left and that this new one isn't Dizzy 2.0 :'-D I wanted to plot the two villagers near each other because both their houses have a blue colour scheme. I settled on an area next to the plaza where I planned to plant hibiscus and trees in front to create a little enclosure for the both of them. In this picture Scoot has already moved into his designated spot in the back, and Dizzy's location is planned out to be placed right in front of him. To the south of their house is a huge empty space that I haven't decided on how to landscape yet. It is the plot of land that encroaches into the campsite area where my resident Charlie used to live, so I will most likely do another campsite-type landscaping with the fire pit and "tourist attractions" like the moai statue.


Here's me and Scoot hangin' out! Soon after he moved in, Scoot asked me to visit his house. Scoot is a hilarious Jock Duck, a combination of one of my favourite species and personality types. I always thought his hockey helmet was an underwear or jockstrap, hahah :'-D He's so tiny and silly looking but is always talking about lifting weights and protecting Tinytree. It's hilarious!





Yeah, sure Scoot!!! Glad to know his sweat smells like citrus.







And here's Dizzy's plot with the landscaping filled in as well!




The Mango trees to the left are lining the outside of the plaza. At certain angles you can even see the giant town tree creeping into view. I love how it makes the two of their houses look like they are closed off and hidden away.


A few more views of their houses together. The horizontal road in front of Scoot's house leads straight to the cafe, while the larger road going up goes to the train station. Damn that stupid rock. I could have placed another tree or bush there to make it symmetrical with the landscaping on the other side.


Scoot's house also has a personal backyard with a log bench PWP! I made a couple "backyards" or "lawns" for my villager's houses that are basically a sectioned off area of flowers with either a PWP or stump in the middle (like June's stump). Some of my villagers have "prime real estate" with two PWPs instead of just one, or a stump. So far, Chief and Stinky have the best landscaping!





Here's a view of Scoot's house with the log bench in the background. You can also see a glimpse of the train tracks. To the top right is the sliver of land that leads towards Hazel's house and her perfect apple orchard.






I'm really happy with this area! I was really nervous plotting Dizzy back in because I remember the horror of the last time I plot him into Tinytree when he completely ruined my landscaping. In the first version, Dizzy ended up becoming my neighbour after he squeezed into a super tight spot in front of Pudge. Below is a picture of Dizzy's house before the relocation. 

Before


The land across the river where my mayor resides was already really cramped, but then Dizzy decided to move in and completely ruin the landscaping. I had to completely redo my colour scheme just to fit him in! I'm very happy to be able to move him to a more suitable location.




Before

And finally, here's a "before" picture of this area in my first version! Also a natural forest feel like the hot springs area before I changed it for June. The main difference here is that there used to be a thin dirt path along the river that lead up to the train station. Now Dizzy's house is where the stone henge used to be and Scoot's house is further up. This was another one of my top areas for Tinytree, so I'm hoping to make a similar area near the campsite now that I removed my resident Charlie.