Poqu visits Borei!



Today Poqu came over to hang out with me and IKI in my town! Poqu is another one of my good friends I met through Splatoon and the three of us would often play Switch games together, mainly Splatoon, Pokemon, and Stardew! I actually hadn't realised Poqu owned ACNL as well, so IKI and I roped her into joining us on some jungle adventures. Her visit to my town was her very first WiFi experience :'-) I'm a proud host!






To prepare for our WiFi session I got changed into my adorable frog outfit and prepared different animal hoods for both of them! IKI definitely suited the bunny hood, especially since the character she often draws is a fluffy white bunny. I wanted to surprise Poqu with a bear hood which I thought matched her personality. IKI came over earlier and we both waited for Poqu to arrive in a new town for the first time!











Here's the welcoming committee practising our welcome moves for when Poqu arrives!









It turns out that Poqu was already wearing a bear hood and identified strongly with it, hahah :'-D She also came ready with a beak. Thanks for complying with Borei's nationwide beak law, Poqu!






The gang's all here! The trio in our adorable outfits! Poqu also brought an umbrella that matched her outfit. She also gave IKI an umbrella to use as well so we were all super colour coordinated!


The first thing we did was go to main street so Poqu could get her contacts/eye colour changed. She realised that she hadn't unlocked it in her own town, therefore she couldn't do it at mine either. She took her hood off for a moment to show me her real hairstyle, but she ended up shocking herself when it was a crazy bed head from not playing for so long! (A year, according to her villagers!!) Here's Poqu running away from me after realising her hair was messed up, hahha :'-D After IKI finished up with Harriet, Poqu was able to finally get her hair fixed :-)


Afterwards we took a stroll through town! Poqu met with some of my villagers.


Poqu saying hi to Mallary! IKI has been to my town several times now so she already knows most of the general layout of the town and my villagers. Look at her go!




Before reaching the main town area we stopped by Wade's house! I love hearing peoples reactions when they see Wade for the first time. He's such a ball of cuteness.








I let them run around for a bit on their own and we lost each other.


The town hall was a good meeting point! In the town area I showed Poqu the park bench that overlooks my beach. I let them sit on the bench together while I awkwardly stood at the back.



It's okay though. I had a friend back there. 


Pictures from Sann's House

After running around for a bit we went to show Poqu what Sann's house was like. I was excited to show her the Egg nursery because she's a big Pokemon fan. Not that it actually looks like the inside of a Pokemon Nursery but the ~idea~ is there.

Poqu, don't you mean "nooooo"?

She actually ran around in circles for a bit pretending to hatch them :'-D I have been stalling my Pokemon Shield gameplay because I have a backlog of shinies I want to hatch but they are taking so long that it was discouraging me. I put the game aside for now to work on ACNL, but at the time I left it I was working on hatching a shiny Bounsweet and Oddish. Both are currently over 700 eggs ;=;

Wheat field therapy

Oh no, I can't unsee it now LOL. Porygon2 is Poqu's favourite pokemon :'-)

Messing around in the haunted woods


Next we head over to the haunted woods, or the wilted peach forest. It was getting dark out so it was the perfect time to explore this area. I actually have no idea what I want to call this area yet so for now I'll just refer to it as the haunted woods or the wilted peach forest. Hehe in this picture we were trying to set fire to our leaf brellas.





Running through the haunted forest. Please friends, help me thicken my dirt paths!! I rarely visit this area of town since all my villagers and chores typically happen on the other side. A lot of my dirt paths have already thinned out so I need to run them over a few times to make them a bit more solid looking.


When we got to Bora's house I showed them one of my WIP rooms that IKI hadn't seen either. I haven't worked on any of these rooms since I finished the others so I definitely need to get started on that. I've just been a little uninspired lately and more interested in hanging out. Poqu couldn't emote so she wrote a shocked text but it looks like my frog mask is doing it haha!


Afterwards we went back outside and I showed them some "party tricks". I don't really like using famous mushrooms as decoration around town, I prefer the brown and white ones. I collect a lot of famous mushroom spawns for funny moments like this. This was in my mushroom circle! I hope ACNH brings back this feature! Apparently if we eat an apple, it will give us "energy" to dig up a tree. I hope the super mushroom gives us the power to trample a house.


Poqu experiencing a sneaky pitfall. Never trust a friend with a shovel! The stress aged her and she grew a beard.


Just some kids hanging out where they aren't supposed to.


It was getting late for both of them so we decided to end our session. I'm in a completely different time zone to them so sometimes it can be hard to play together. But for the most part we all have very messed up sleep schedules, haha :-) I didn't have an extra mushroom, but here's the two of them Dynamaxing! Now I kind of want to stage a fake pokemon battle in Animal Crossing.

Before I end this post, here's the 3 of us messing around in silly outfits in Splatoon.

Flipper gang