Borei House Tours: Nary (Part 1)

The next house on the tour list is my character Nary! Nary is Borei's young queen (although she is not the mayor of the town). Her house is a full sized Palace with a more regal look compared to the rest, although still keeping with the general asian theme I have throughout each house. She has a throne room (main), garden room (back), dining hall (right), music room (left), bedroom (top), and secret library/study room in the basement. This post will cover the first three and exterior.




Exterior 



Nary's Palace is located within the main housing area or the "enclosed community". Her house is right by the large lake and behind the town hall. The exterior customisations used were: Purple Shingle Roof, zen exterior, zen mail box, zen door, and sculpted hedge. In front of her house is a topiary PWP that ties in with the park like theme around that area. The "enclosed community" area also has a different colour theme to the rest. Instead of purple/blue it has a pink/purple theme.


She also has a nice little view of the lake as well as a small pond nearby. The dirt path is a small walkway that leads to the bridge going into the blue/purple forest where Malis, Blanche, and Sann live.

Throne room



The main room is a rent tinted slightly ominous looking throne room. I used the moss floor to lead up to the golden bench/throne. I wanted to use the actual throne but we can't centre the furniture in ACNL like we can in HHD. The room mainly consists of golden furniture. There are even golden nuggets lining the floor and golden roses on top of the kerokeropi table. Towards the back I have 2 fancy display cases with Nary's hoarded golden peaches!


Possibly the only item that is out of place in terms of symmetry is the phonograph on the floor which is playing King K.K. The sign banner next to the throne and golden screen is an recoloured version of Borei's town flag.


Here's little Nary sitting upon her throne :-) The backroom behind her leads to her personal garden room. I wanted to make the garden room appear as if it is "blocked off" by the golden screen to make it more like a private room, but still accessible for visitors.


The perspective from the throne looking out to the entrance. On the golden tables there are 2 libra scales and 2 ikebana displays. I also put the recoloured flag design hanging in the fancy frames.

Garden Room


Nary's garden room has a complete opposite atmosphere and feeling to the throne room. It's a peaceful zen garden where she hangs out. There's three seating areas in this room. Two on the floor by the lilypad table and the other is the beetle chair. The flooring is the grey patterned flooring from the kerokerokeropi RV and the wallpaper is the summit wall from Sahara. There's a few garden rocks and bamboo grass to give it an outdoorsy feeling. The main light source when it's not light out is the mushroom lamps which give it a blue tint. 


Here's what it looks like at night with the mush lamps on. 


I wanted music in this room but I didn't know what music player to use that would work with it. My usual go-to for a "regal" type room would be the lily record player or the phonograph, but I have already used those a few times in other rooms and I don't really like repeating furniture too often. Thankfully, the cicada stereo looks so good in here and even matches the blue colour scheme! 


Here's Nary in her garden room during the day :-) 

Dining Room



Here is her royal dining room where she eats with her favourite villagers! The table with cloth is customised with a custom design that I made to match the colour theme of the room: deep greens and gold. I was finally able to find a use for my thrones that I couldn't use in my actual throne room. There's no music in this room although there is a caged bird which is ironic for a bird town :'-) 


Here's a close up of the food on the table. I used mainly sushi and sashimi/fish based stuff because of my "bird" theme and also because japanese food and items generally look more fitting in this house. The back has more of those fancy display cases with perfect peaches in it. I really wanted to stress that the perfect peaches are well guarded and a rare commodity in this town despite it being my native fruit. The guests get perfect apples though!


Here's a view from the other side. I have a motherly statue as decoration as well as two paper lanterns for my lights. My only annoyance about making these types of "dining halls" is that I wish that the tables itself are connected with no gap in between them. 

The next post will cover the instrument room, library/study, and her bedroom!