Borei House Tours: Nary (Part 2)


The last three rooms are Nary's music room, library/study, and her bedroom. As seen in part 1, Nary's rooms have a few fancy display cases here and there with perfect peaches in them that kind of ties in with my town's story about the villagers and their peach obsession. Nary's basement in particular is another hint to the story because of what she keeps in there.



 Music room



This is Nary's music room! It has a red/blue gorgeous theme going on. I modelled it after those royal european style music rooms. The gorgeous furniture was very fitting for it! I felt like there was a lot of wall space that I didn't know what to fill with so I added some blue trellis to go with the blue flooring. At night this room has a reddish tint like the throne room, but the pictures below are during the day because the quality was a bit easier to work with.


I love the candelabra item but the lighting is too bright and yellow that it looks better turned off. Each corner of the room has a corinthian post which I have used in other rooms of her house as well.


The sanshin is the one japanese instrument that I have that ties in with the other asian themed items in this house.


Nary is ready for some music to be played for her!

Nary's Bedroom 


Nary's bedroom is a mix of rococo furniture, princess furniture, and some other statue like pieces. She also has an open air bathroom and of course, another fancy display case with perfect peaches!


Close up of the front view of the room. There's no music in here but there is background noise coming from the birds in the princess birdcage. 


A view of the bathroom. On the floor I have the towel basket and casablanca lilies. I wanted the bathroom to have kind of a garden-like feel but I didn't have enough room for more plants.


My favourite piece in here is the cancer table! It works perfectly for a hint of gold in her room that works with the golds in the princess and rococo set. There was quite an awkward empty space in front of her bed at first so I gave her a pet poogie with his own bed.


Another view of the sitting area. The tea set used is the cinnamoroll tray.


Nary is very protective of her peaches!

Secret Study/Basement



Here's Nary's basement study/library with a secret jail cell in the back! I made a little animation instead of a full view because it captures the room a bit better. This room ties in a little more with the "dark side" of Borei. This character in particular taking her obsession of perfect peaches a little too far and having captured poor Peaches the villager as her sacrifice (to the peach Gods? idk). I didn't intend for Borei to be a full blown horror town since I have a lot of "normal" houses/rooms as well, so I was content with small details like this that add a little more mystery to it.


A close up of her study area with a basket of perfect peaches. She's very proud of her actions.


View from the back.


The room in general has a messy look with books and paper scraps on the floor. I also used some of the bug and flowering day furniture to add to Nary's childlike personality!


Nary reaching for some books!

So that's it for Nary's house! The next house tour will be Bora's cottage in the haunted woods!