Tinytree House Tours: Mei

Now that my landscaping is complete, I'm going to be focusing more on tweaking up some of my character's houses and posting their house tours much like I did for Borei (while I work on Tinytree’s dirt paths) Tinytree's houses are complete for the most part, but they could use a few changes to suit the tropical theme better. Mei's house had little to fix up and had a tropical feel already. She runs Tinytree's Bed&Breakfast called "Mom and Mei B&B" for visitors who come for a holiday!

After this post I am likely going to take a short break from ACNL and post about my thoughts on ACNH coming up especially since the ACNH Direct is happening tomorrow! I will continue working on Tinytree until the new game comes out.




Exterior & Landscaping



Mei's house is located in the smaller portion of land across the river (along with Tangy, Freckles, Jules' house and Pudge). The area around her house has a pink/yellow/orange colour scheme with peach trees around it. It has a zen exterior remodel and uses the custom exteriors: Garden exterior, Fairytale door, Pink mailbox, Green roof, and Hedge.


Directly to the right is a pathway that leads up to Jules' house and to the left is a log bench.


To the right there are also two PWPs, the Wisteria Trellis and the Picnic Blanket. These are two PWPs that were previously not used in the old version of Tinytree, which I will show in another before/after post.


Mei's neighbour and closest friend is Freckles the peppy duck! Freckles' house is right next to Mei's with space for a 2square path that leads to other parts of this area. Freckles' house has always been kind of hard to landscape around because it wasn't an ideal location (this was before the WA Update). But I've always loved how I worked around it in both versions of Tinytree.



B&B Reception & Living Room



The main room is the Reception and living room for the B&B. It is filled with a mix of different colours with lots of kitschy souvenirs from Gulliver's travels and childish furniture choices that reflect Mei's personality! The right side bedroom behind the counter is Mei's bedroom and the backroom is the communal kitchen.


Here's Mei behind the counter with the name of the B&B on an easel. There's also a photo of Mei and her mom!


The lounge area with a couch and apple TV! The wallpaper and custom designs have a simple flower pattern that I reused in other parts of the house as well.


There's a little puzzle game on the table is of the photo of Mei and mom!

There's another couch to the back behind the large book case for a cute little reading nook. There are some classier furniture pieces like Gracie's summer set, serving cart and natural low table refurbished to dark brown. I wanted to add some brown-coloured pieces in the room to go with the large bookshelf since the bookshelf on its own doesn't go with a lot of the bright colours and might look too awkward.


Mei's Room




Mei's bedroom is pink-themed just like her appearance! She has a childish personality, so I wanted her room to reflect that. In her "greeting" Mei says "Mom left me in charge", so she's really trying her best to run the B&B on her own and make her proud! (Who knows where the mom went, haha) She is also a bit lonely, so she has a few imaginary toy friends who keep her company.


The wallpaper is another custom design with a flower pattern that has the colour accents of her room!


Instead of a standing closet for Mei's clothes I decided to use the hanger rack so I wouldn't block the window when using this composition. The only thing I don't like about this item is the colour scheme with the metal bars. One of my hopes for ACNH is that if there are certain items that display "clothes" they could actually be replaced by our own clothes models and items.

Another view of the room with her lovely vanity and sweets player!


Mei and her imaginary friends.


And a corner of the room with her mermaid dresser. I also hung some of the dresses that I make Mei switch into occasionally.

Guest Room on the first floor 


Here is one of two guest rooms in the B&B. This one has a clear orange and green theme whereas the main room is more of a mix of different colours. The colour scheme also gave me a perfect opportunity to use the palm tree lamp which also goes well with the tropical theme! This guest room has items in it that make it appear like they are already booked or occupied, such as the light breakfast out on the table and the Boston bag for a visitor's luggage.




This is one of those rooms that are designed by Mei, fitting the fun and eclectic style. Maybe the mom put her Gracie summer set there, but Mei added a froggy chair for her own personality? :'-D I made this room before I knew about Froggy Chair memes and I still don't really understand it, lol.


A little TV corner with Mei's banana apple masterpiece. This room was also a good excuse to use the cosmos fan, which I think is adorable but found difficult to fit anywhere in my own house.


The tape deck gave me a more summery feel compared to the other music players for some reason. So that's why I used it in here!

Shared Kitchen


The last room on the first floor is the shared Kitchen. It's where Mei cooks for her B&B guests! This is one of my favourite kitchens I've ever designed. Most of the time in my main house I keep the kitchen in the corner of the main room instead of its own room. This kitchen has a lot of fun colours to fit Mei's theme. I love how the egg floor goes so well with one of my recoloured flower patterns. There's cooking books on the counter and a bread basket for breakfast!! Technically that "stew pot" is just a pot of glue, but it goes with the kitschiness of the room very well!


Front view close up. Mei also has a baby labrador dog who is always looking out the window.


By now I'm guessing most people would understand that it is a B&B if they saw the sign by the reception, but I put the "Mei & Mom B&B" sign in the kitchen as well to make it look more like a community room.


Another angle of the room showing the dining table. I used the orange flower chair and table to go with the orange accents of the room. There's also a world map on the wall, which I thought was very suitable for travellers coming to a B&B.


Mei is ready to whip up some breakfast foods.

Old version: Master guest bedroom


The master guest bedroom shown in this post is an old version that I will change to match the tropical theme. It was one of the rooms that “mom” designed and was supposed to look a lot more luxurious and expensive compared to Mei’s kitschy tastes downstairs. I love the general feel of this room so I wanted to document it before I change it. The aesthetics of this room is what inspired Nary’s bedroom in Borei as well!



This room obviously has a more expensive look to it, which is why it is the master bedroom. I used blue coloured or blue-tinted furniture like the ice closet and princess series. But my favourite piece would have to be the gemini closet! It looks like it goes perfectly with the snow top themed wallpaper.


Another angle of the room. There's a mini fridge in the corner with a silver teapot. Lots of white flowers. Just realised the moth orchid is facing the wrong way in these pictures - oops, I should probably fix that later.


And here's the corner where there is a jacuzzi! Super luxurious. For my redesign I am thinking of either using a ship deck theme with dark wood furniture, or going with my original mermaid plan. It seems like mermaid might be the easiest course to take because I already have all the furnitures gathered for it.

New version: Master guest bedroom 




(Added March 19th 2020) As mentioned above, I planned to redesign the master bedroom to give it a more suitable theme. I went with the mermaid idea and reused a similar composition and furnitures to create the newest version! I loved the first version but I may love this even more. It definitely suits the kitschy theme a lot better and even matches the bathroom downstairs.






Here's a front view close up of the room. I changed the rococo bed to refurbished white and added some more pieces around the jacuzzi to make it more private. Few more photos:




Bathroom

Finally, here’s an underwater themed bathroom! Thankfully it goes with the theme so I don’t need to change this at all. I used mainly blue and pink tones for this one. There’s both a bathtub and a wash station shower for those who want to pick! The shower stall could work for this room as well, but I wanted to incorporate the glass partition some how. I actually tried my best not to use any furniture from the mermaid set because I had an idea about converting the master bedroom into some kind of mermaid themed room as well.


The mermaid statue from Denmark is one of the key pieces of the room! The pieces lamp was also very suitable to use in here and is probably the kitschiest thing in the bathroom (other than the wall paper)


Another angle. A random piece, but I thought the modern table refurbished looked really good here. This was a replacement for a mermaid table.


If you rotate the room you will see another one of Mei’s masterpieces — her baby mermaid painting!


Another angle with a view of the blue trellis.  Not exactly necessary for an underwater bathroom, but it is my go-to item for covering blank awkward wall spaces. I might experiment and see if the aurora screen or another type of screen would work better with it.

So that’s Mei’s house tour! Happy visiting!