Goodbye Charlie :'(


When I decided to rebuild Tinytree I also wanted to invite two new villagers to live in town. Because of this, I made the hard decision to demolish Charlie's house in order to have a spare resident for plot resetting. Charlie's house was used as a "visitor's cabin" for tourists who come to Tinytree. There were rooms such as a general camper's lounge, equipment rental and shop, pharmacy, and Tinytree's rare books museum. The top floor bed room was also modelled to resemble the character Charlie Kelly from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! Originally, Charlie wasn't meant to resemble another fictional character, but I thought of doing this after I had already named him. Plus, he's my favourite character on the show. Here's a post remembering his house before I demolished it!


Charlie's room (Charlie Kelly)


Charlie's bed room up stairs is modelled after Charlie Kelly and Frank's apartment in the hilariously controversial and politically incorrect show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia :'-D His room doesn't match with a lot of the downstairs "facility" type rooms in his house. I just really wanted to try designing it with the sloppy furniture pieces! The room has a few references to the show, but for the most part it's just a messy, dirty room. I thought of maybe turning this entire house IASIP themed, but I wasn't sure I was ready to commit to that, haha. I was thinking of inviting Mac over again (he used to live in Kenka) so that "Mac and Charlie" would be a pair, although that never happened... but this room was really all I had in mind to design anyways.


Charlie's character is wearing the black horse shirt that the character often wears on the show! Behind him is his paint-over of that German Shepherd "Charlie Kelly Original" that was burned (that was probably painted by Adolf Hilter ;_;)


There's a mop in this room because he's a janitor at Paddy's Pub. The folding chair is supposed to be their "good chair" that they salvaged but it's also covered in bird shit although Charlie tries to say it's actually tooth paste. The baseball bat and gloves are reference to... well all of the episodes that revolve around baseball. I don't know much about baseball other than what I've seen in this show to be honest. Charlie's "greeting" was actually "trees?! everywhere trees?!" which is a reference to when they got stuck in the woods away from Philadelphia because Mac wanted to meet his baseball idol. Charlie's cabin is also conveniently located in the camping woods!


There's a synthesizer in his room in reference to how Charlie plays the piano and comes up with all those crazy songs like Nightman. The Agent K.K. hung on the wall is reference to when Charlie dresses up as Serpico and delivered the tape in an envelope that said "4 the mare".


The cans on the floor are reference to how Charlie and Frank have to eat cat food to make them sick so they can fall asleep at night! There's probably way more stuff I could have put in this room. Maybe a dart board or something to do with Charlie's illiteracy... although I did make a reference to it in my rare books room. I also haven't seen the last 2 recent seasons.

Main Room: Camper Lounge 


The rest of Charlie's house has more of a camping centre/community centre type feel. The main room is a rest stop for backpackers so they can sit around by the fire and do some cooking at the small communal kitchen or just chill after a long day. The room to the back leads to a small store and equipment rental shop. The room on the left is the pharmacy. The only room that doesn't really fit with the general theme is the right side room which is a "rare books" library.


There's two floor seating areas here, one by the kotatsu and the other by the hearth. There's also a small corner for a communal kitchen.

Back room: Store & Equipment Rental


Here's the little shop where campers can rent equipment to enjoy their stay in Tinytree or to buy snacks and other items. The front desk is managed by a gyroid.


Here's another view of the shop. There's also a telephone booth so campers can make phone calls if needed!


In one corner you can see two bikes for rent. The two gyroids making noises sounds like they are arguing with each other :'-D

Pharmacy 


The left side room is a small pharmacy and hospital. If campers get sick during their visit, they can come here for a quick check up or first aid!


The medical care in Tinytree wasn't that great. Just a tiny bed behind a screen with an IV drip and consultation! I wanted to make it look like some person just moved their tiny practice into a spare cabin room.

Rare Books Museum & Book Restoration


This room is a bit off-theme but I had a lot of book-type items so I wanted to make a different kind of museum in town. The idea was that these are books related to Tinytree's history. I wasn't too happy with the wallpaper and flooring used here but I do like the layout and set up of the room. If I do make a new character I am going to try and make a room similar to this but make it more obvious that it is about the history of Tinytree. Perhaps adding some things like trophies or the sapling clock, etc. The museum part of this room was also cut down because of what is behind the book shelves: a workstation for book restoration! I was really into bookbinding and restoration at the time in real life when I was making this, so I wanted to incorporate a section of the room to that idea!


There was another little easter egg to IASIP in this room! In the display glass behind Charlie is the scribbled piece of paper with Charlie's "lyrics" to his song Nightman! :'-D


And finally, behind the shelves is the workstation for book restoration! It's not super obvious, but there's a sheet of stationary paper as well as the sewing kit that looks like it could also be used for book binding instead of clothes. I wanted to somehow use this "idea" in my mayor's room as her hobby but it didn't look as obvious if not in a room dedicated to books. There's also a sign on the wall unseen that says "Rare Books & Restoration".

Charlie's House and Landscaping


Charlie's house area had a general foresty feel with lots of red and orange flowers. I couldn't find a full frontal picture of his house strangely, and the one above is the smaller version. I'll edit this post if I can find a more recent version!


Right next to Charlie's house was the campsite. The rock there was the gem rock that I kept because it was a perfect seating area for the firepit!

So that was it for Charlie's house! I'll miss this character, but I wasn't very attached to him in the first place nor was I too keen on the designs I made for his house. It's likely I will make a similar type of "campers cabin" with a new character after my plot resetting is complete, but this time more tropical themed!