Tinytree House Tours: Mayor Jules


The next house tour for Tinytree is Mayor Jules! Like in most AC games I've played, my "main town" character usually resembles myself in real life. I also try to design the interior of my main characters to reflect my own. Jules' house is very special to me because the interior does very closely resemble my first house when I lived in Korea. I did change a few items here and there to fit the island theme more closely, but now that I think about it, I live in a tropical country now and my furniture replacements aren't too far off from what I own in my current house! Jules' house is not fully upgraded like the others. It has a living room with a kitchen, a bathroom, bedroom, and a basement art studio! This house is my happy place so I'm glad to share it here!



Exterior and Landscaping 



Jules' house has a green island cabin feel, with orange and yellow flowers surrounding it. The exterior options used in this were the grass roof, melon Exterior, arched bamboo door, cabana mailbox, sculpted hedge, and brick pavement. Her house is located on the right side of the river with Pudge as a neighbour. The landscaping has a natural forest feel, with nature PWPs surrounding it. I posted more about her landscaping with pictures in my makeover post here.

Living Room and Kitchen


My living room has a general seating area in front of the retro TV, a writing desk, reading corner, and kitchen. It features mainly deep brown and wooden tones mixed in with some bamboo type furniture to match the tropical theme, such as the bamboo bench and cabana furnitures. 


I used the loud bloom shirt to customise my fabrics in this room! I thought the flowers went well with the tropical theme while still matching some of my asian-themed furniture. Before my tropical update, I had the exotic chest in place where the cabana bookshelf is. I moved it over to the reading nook instead because I wanted to use more bright coloured furniture in the living room area. The stair dresser is probably my favourite furniture item in my AC house as well as my house in real life! I love how it works as a divider for the room. I wish we could place items on top of it though.


Here's another angle of the seating area. My living room is definitely my happy place. My favourite song "Soulful K.K." is playing in the background, and I have puzzle league ready on the table! Even when I took breaks from playing ACNL, I would often log on just to play puzzle league.


Here's an angle of the living room with the kitchen in the corner. It's a small and simple kitchen with the basic necessities. I didn't make a dining room because I figured I could just eat on the floor seating table, and it's even big enough for guests! The counter can also be used for one seater eating. Just pull up the box-shaped seat and you're all set!





Here's a close up of the Gracie writing desk. My home set up with my computer looks quite similar, although it's a shame we can't put any items on top of the Gracie desk. Before the update I used to have a lot more bonsai in this room. I replaced it with more colourful houseplants and kept my two favourite bonsai, Holly and Ponderosa.


Another angle with Jules chillin!

Bedroom 


Here's Jules' upstairs bedroom! It has a mix of a few furniture sets and has a very cluttered look. I have a VCR TV with a space to use my laptop! This room also makes me feel nostalgic about my first house in Korea. I shared it with my grandmother and we both slept on the floor with our futons. We had a very old Panasonic TV that was on 24/7 because the background noises helped her sleep. So many unintentional Korean dramas forced upon me when we shared a room!


Close up front view.


Here's an angle of the tatami bed and futon. I imagine it would get stuffy in this room so there's a fan blasting! My grandma used to tell me an urban myth that sleeping with the fan on and facing you while you sleep would kill you. It scared me for a while, but I did it anyways because it was way too hot in our house.


Two more angles showing the couch and my record corner.


Bathroom



I first posted about Jules' bathroom in an earlier "bathroom archives" post. It's my favourite bathroom and a result of figuring out my ideal composition after many tiny bathroom remodels. Unlike the main room, this room uses lighter wood furniture. I designed the floral tile to match the colour of the dandelion that was my colour inspiration. In previous bathroom designs I would change the floor tile colour scheme to match the main decoration of the room. For example, an older bathroom I made had blue tones to match the refurbished stained glass lamp.







I also made a custom (quite badly drawn) mirror for the room! Hope ACNH gives us some nice wall mirrors because it was a pain to draw.

Basement Art Studio


Finally, here's probably one of the more unique rooms I have designed: my basement art studio! This art studio in particular focuses on pottery and painting. I'm actually a silkscreen printer in real life but obviously there'd be no furniture items like that in ACNL! I've always liked pottery as well though, and there were a lot of items that could work with the theme!


Here's Jules in the front section with my makeshift pottery wheel and kiln. And a glimpse of my masterpiece of me and Dizzy :' )


On the other side of the divider is the area where I paint details onto my pottery creations! I used a lot of the furniture items from Cyrus' refurbishing set. Let's also pretend the cans of food is actually cans of ceramic paint!


Here's another angle of some details hidden from the main view! In the corner I have a computer and desk.


Here's Jules working on a decorative plate! I have a sink and some other cleaning supplies hidden in the back as well!

So that's all for Jules' room! The very last house to finish and post about would be my new character Louie and his Tinytree Community centre! I also need to fix up one bedroom in Mei's b&b.