Borei House Tours: Mayor Malis


Now that I'm almost finished with my resident's houses in my ACNL town Borei, I will be posting house and room tours here! Once every house and room is complete I will put them under a master post with other information about Borei.

Borei has a subtle horror theme/element to it, although it is mainly a peaceful forest town with a small enclosed and developed villager community. The first house I completed, which is a "normal" house, was my mayor Malis' house. Throughout all my towns I've ever made, I always wanted the mayor to have a typical house with all the living necessities like a kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedroom. I also never upgrade the house beyond a loft, back room, and basement because I like the look of the smaller 8x8 house with no side rooms.


Exterior


Malis' house has the Purple Shingle Roof, Earthy Exterior, Grey Brick Fence, Barrel Mailbox, and Colourful Gravel for the house customisation. 3 of the residential houses on the right side of the map follow this purple-roof colour scheme.


Here's what her house area looks like at night, which is most likely the time I will be updating my dream address. Malis' house is in the central north forest near the train station. The area all around her house is forest and dirt paths with blue/purple flowers and bamboo. I put my two favourite PWPs near her house as well, the hot spring that's next to one of the ponds, and the log bench. Initially I was kind of upset with my mayor's placement being so near to the train station because I wanted her house to be more secluded. Blanche, who is one of my beloved starters and one of the villagers who inspired me to make a bird town, had taken my first choice location! So now they are next door neighbours :'-D

Living Room 


Borei's house is east asian themed, which seems to be a reoccurring theme for my mayors. I wanted to give it an old timey rustic feel, kind of like the feeling I get when visiting my grandma in the countryside. I used mainly dark wood furnitures and green accents. The seat cushions and chairs are customised with a custom design.


Here's Mallary visiting Malis' house. Because the town is bird themed, I thought it would be cute to add the cucco and duck ornaments in the house and make them watch TV.


The food on the zen low table is the zen tea set and the twelve grape plate. I actually wasn't intending on putting the twelve grape plate there but I obtained the item through visiting someone's town during 2020 New Years Countdown, so I thought it would be nice to display for a while. You can also see a close up of the custom design on the lampshade and pillow case.

Here's the view from the other side showing more bonsai plants.


Bathroom 

Here's the bathroom! It actually looks quite similar to my bathroom at home, especially the wash station/wet room style bathroom and the buckets for bucket showers! (and the additional random unnecessary buckets lying around that you don't know what purpose they serve).  


For additional decorations I put the perfume set and towel basket. I also have the washer and dryer because the green goes nicely with my wallpaper! Normally at home my washer would be in the kitchen.

How is it that I get interrupted while pooping even in a game?


Kitchen


Malis' kitchen also gets a room instead of being squished into the main room like I usually do. Again, I wanted to make the kitchen have a more earthy feel rather than the usual kitchen appliance items we can use. I would like to think that Malis enjoys farming, hunting, and cooking, so I made her a big kitchen!


A close up of her work table: Veggie basket, ceramic hot pot, stewpot, and roasted dino meat.


View from the other side. I really like how the handwashing area looks here too.


Bedroom 


Finally, here's Malis' upstairs bedroom! Her bedroom has more of a regal feeling than the downstairs living room, especially because of the weapon items that are displayed (and the gorgeous drawer, which is one of my favourite furniture sets, haha) Her character has sort of a "protector" type vibe, especially with her custom clothing having a quiver drawn in the back. The weapons are supposed to compliment that look.


Her desk is in the middle with a futon to the side that is taken out for sleeping and put away after, like my own room at home! Again, the same custom pattern designs are used here. I actually wanted to have more variation in patterns but my mayor holds all my town's pathways as well, so I didn't have any space for more patterns.


In one corner there's a record listening nook with my favourite hits displayed on the wall. K.K. Lament is playing in this room and it is my favourite song in AC!


On the desk is a 3ds and jasmine bonsai. The 3ds doesn't suit her much at all, but I keep it there mainly because I play puzzle league a lot and I'm too lazy bringing it out every time. You can also see an alto saxophone in the corner which is also another random item, but I play the saxophone in real life so I wanted to include it in there as well and also because it matched with the gold furnishings :-P